4 Devonshire Street
Harley Street Medical District
London W1W 5DT
When arriving, please press the upper buzzer to the right of the door. During office hours (9am-5pm) there is a friendly reception staff who will welcome you and direct you to the waiting room, where you are welcome to take a seat unless asked to make your way to my therapy room. My room is accessed through the second lift by the kitchen. Please take it to the 3rd floor, turn left, and look for my room straight ahead through the open doorway.
Nearest Underground Stations: Great Portland Street and Regents Park stations are just a few minutes away by foot.
Individual Psychotherapy (Self-Paying)
50 minute weekly session, £150
90 minute weekly session, £275
Block of 12 sessions of 50-minutes, £1500
- I recommend scheduling a longer session of 90-minutes for your first session.
- There is a waiting list of approximately 6-7 months for concession rate sessions for patients with special circumstances.
Intensive PTSD and C-PTSD Treatment (EMDR or NET)
Block of 10 sessions of 90 minutes, £2750
Further sessions are billed at £300 per 90 minutes
Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET) and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) last 90 minutes per session and are ideally scheduled one or two times per week for approximately 10-12 sessions, at which point clients may add more trauma sessions or transition to individual psychotherapy, if needed.
Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET) includes a written narrative of approximately 8-20 pages depending on each individual’s experience, which you will receive at the end of the treatment.
Please make payment monthly in advance (for the number of sessions falling in the month) or on the day of your appointment. For EMDR and NET, you may choose to pay for a block of 10 sessions in advance. For psychotherapy, you may choose to pay for a block of 12 sessions in advance. Please let me know if you would like to pay with a credit card, and I will send a link to pay online via email.
Please use the following bank transfer details:
Comfort Shields Ltd
Sort Code: 60-83-71
I will be glad to bill your insurance provider directly. I accept Aetna International, Aviva, Bupa International (but not Bupa UK), Cigna, Cigna International, GBG Insurance, or Allianz Insurance Providers.
- Contact your insurance company to determine whether your policy covers you for psychotherapy and how many sessions will be covered. If it does, ask them whether you need a referral from your psychiatrist/consultant or GP and request a claim number/authorisation code from them.
- Once your insurance company confirms coverage please provide me with your policy number and authorisation code/claim number with your date of birth and address which I will need in order to schedule your session.
- I will then liaise with your insurance company to obtain coverage for appointments.
- There is an additional £50 paperwork fee to insurance companies per invoice. This includes all reports and treatment plans supplied to insurance companies.
Letters, Reports, and Paperwork
Billed at the normal hourly rates as above (except for standard insurance reports and paperwork, which are included in the £50 insurance fee)
Meetings (with educational bodies, social services, mental health teams, etc)
Free for the first 15 minutes
Beyond 15 minutes, billed at the normal hourly rates as above.
* Travel to and from meetings is billed at my hourly rate.
NEW AND REGULAR APPOINTMENTS
I encourage all clients to set up a repeating weekly or twice weekly session time. Weekly appointments for individuals generally last for 50 minutes or for 90 minutes for treatment of PTSD or Complex Trauma, but depending on a client’s needs, and particularly for trauma it may be beneficial to meet more intensively.
Cancellations and Breaks
Weekly therapy attendance is very important to progress. A slot is booked in advance for the meeting. I appreciate as much notice of cancellation as possible. Any missed sessions or cancellations will be charged at the full fee unless at least 48 hours notice is provided in advance, except in the case of illness or emergency.
I have a set of terms and conditions (including a cancellation policy) which will be shared with you before or during your first session.
Note: I do not give extensive advice or do therapy over text or by email. If you need to talk between appointments please feel free to schedule an additional appointment during the week.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!